Book your Sardine Run 2020 package and experience Sardine Run South Africa, The Greatest Shoal on Earth!
Who we are:
Offering Sardine Run packages for the past 16-years, our packages are aimed at divers wanting to get up-close and personal with a HUGE variety of marine-life including dolphin, sharks, whales, game fish, seals, penguins, sardines and many species of marine-birds. All Sardine Run South Africa packages include airport transfers, transfers to and from Blue Ocean Dive Resort, Aliwal Shoal and Cremorne Estate, Port St Johns, accommodation and scuba diving!
Why Choose Us?
- You stay at Umkomaas’ premier dive resort Blue Ocean Dive Resort
- Your dives on Aliwal Shoal are accompanied by Ragged Tooth Sharks and Oceanic Black Tip Sharks
- You get a shark dive AND a reef dive at Aliwal Shoal
- We have NO hidden costs
- Your package includes ALL transfers
- Your package includes ALL meals
- We offer the BEST accommodation in Port St Johns at Cremorne Estate
- We have our own launch site
- Your skipper and dive guides are among the most experienced at Aliwal Shoal as well as at Sardine Run
- Both resorts are home to the friendliest staff
- You’ll received personal attention
- Every Sardine Run package includes a trip to the Port St Johns Airstrip with the most scenic views
- We offer extra mural activities over and above
- hiking trails for the fit and adventurous
- Scenic guided tours on our vehicles
- The Gap
- Blow Hole
- All our boats are PLASTIC FREE. You will not find single use plastic in any of your boat lunches.
What is Sardine Run?
During the Sardine Run, as the colder water moves up the east coast of South Africa, the sardines follow the currents and their food source, bringing a huge diversity of predators with them including many species of whales, shark, dolphin, game fish, sailfish, penguins, seals and more. The annual Humpback Whale migration passes Port St Johns, offering some amazing sightings of the Humpback Whales, in the water, close to the boats and when the whales are breaching!
Many theories exist about the Sardine Run [water temp. etc] and many people have different ideas on what creates the ‘perfect’ Sardine Run, however from our experience we have seen great action on days when the conditions are not ‘perfect’ and quiet days when they are. The bottom line is that the only way to experience the Sardine Run is to enjoy what you see everyday!
Whilst the Sardine Run can never be guaranteed, one thing that is guaranteed with our Sardine Run South Africa packages is that you WILL see whales, sharks, 100’s of dolphin and marine birds which are on most people’s bucket list.